Originally built in 1875, this station is on College between Bathurst and Spadina in the Kensington market area of Toronto. The two-storey structure had one bay for a fire wagon with an eight-storey tower added in 1899. Firefighters could use this as a watch tower to search the neighbourhood for fires and also to hang hoses to dry. However this building is a reconstruction as an arsonist burned down the original in 1972 while everyone was out fighting a fire. A third bay was added then. Officially this is station #315, not 8.
top of page
bottom of page